Veterans United Foundation Scholarship
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Veterans United Foundation Scholarship creates opportunities for family members of service members and Veterans to achieve their educational dreams. The scholarship program, launched in 2012, is funded by contributions from Veterans United Home Loans and its employees.
To be eligible for this scholarship award, applicants must be:
- A surviving spouse or a surviving child of a deceased service member or Veteran of the U.S. Military
- Currently enrolled or planning to enroll in a college or university by the spring semester of 2018
- Pursuing an associate’s, bachelor’s, graduate, post-graduate or doctoral degree
- Comfortable with sharing personal stories and aspirations with Veterans United Foundation
- Able to provide the following within three business days of application submission:
*Deceased parent or spouse's military documents (DD214 and death certificate /or DD1300)
*Full FAFSA submission
*Proof of enrollment from your accredited college or university
*Government issued photo ID
- Able to provide Veterans United Foundation with receipts or invoices related to eligible educational costs as they are incurred in order to receive payment. Eligible costs include tuition, books, fees, school materials and some aspects of room and board as determined by Veterans United Foundation.
Awards will be granted based on the following criteria:
- A typed essay
Share your story of how losing your spouse or parent has affected you. Explain who you are, where your life has taken you, and what you hope to pursue through your college education and beyond.
- Financial need
Determined by the Veterans United Foundation awards team and based on full FAFSA submission
- Additional information
Your community, church, athletic and school involvment or achievements, plus anything else you would like to have considered (may include photos, drawings, poems, writings, etc.).
· Fall 2017 Application Period: Starts September 25, 2017 at 8:00 am CST
Fall 2017 Application Period: Ends October 27, 2017 at 5:00 pm CST (Veterans United Foundation will accept a limited number of application submissions. The application period can end sooner if the number has been met.)
· Winners notified directly via email or phone: By December 1, 2017.
HOW TO APPLY
· Starting on September 25, 2017, a link to the fall 2017 scholarship application will be available on this scholarship page.
· Follow the link and fill out all portions of the application completely.
· Failure to answer all questions or provide all documentation will deem an application ineligible.
· A confirmation page will appear on your screen upon successfully submitting your application.
· No direct notification will be sent to applicants who have not been selected as scholarship recipients.
· Winners of the scholarship will be contacted directly via email or phone.
The Veteran United Foundation scholarship rules, award amounts, application, etc. are subject to change.
The fall 2017 scholarship application will be open on
Monday, September 25, 2017 at 8:00am CST.
More information and the link to the application will be posted at that time.